F. Antonio Puente, CCIM
Senior Vice President
As Senior Vice President at Fairchild Partners since 2006, Tony Puente brings more than twenty-five years of expertise in the South Florida commercial real estate industry. Mr. Puente has represented both landlords and tenants in the leasing, sales, acquisition and disposition of office properties with a total of over 1,000 transactions. Prior to joining Fairchild Partners, Tony was with CBRE as Vice President/Broker Associate for seven years. Throughout his career, he has represented institutional and entrepreneurial owners of office properties in South Florida, including Hines, GE Asset Management, Tishman Speyer Properties, WealthCap USA, TA Associates Realty, Fortis, Inc., Irradio Holdings, Ltd., JP Morgan, Codina Partners, MAPFRE, the Plumer family and Suntrust Bank. On the tenant representation side, Tony has represented Anheuser-Busch , Liberty Mutual, Total Quality Logistics (TQL), CSA Central, Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Astor Development, Robert Haff, Somos TV, XAPT, Hanover Insurance, and Brown-Forman Corporation.
His knowledge and experience provide value-added services throughout the real estate process, from identifying specific customers’ needs and fully evaluating targeted markets, through lease negotiations and ultimate achievement of customer satisfaction. Tony has been a guest speaker for several organizations, including Bankers Association, CCIM Outlook Conference, CREW-Miami, and the Commercial Industrial Association of South Florida (CIASF).
Recently, Tony negotiated the sale of 2950 SW 27th Avenue to Grove Property Holdings, LLC for $9.6 million, achieving the sale after convincing all condo owners to unite and sell the entire building. Tony is active on the Fairchild Partners team that handles leasing, sales and marketing of office buildings at Downtown Doral, an assignment with over 600,000 RSF of office buildings. Under Fairchild’s assignment, the park’s occupancy has increased over 20% in the last two years. Tony has led the Fairchild Partners team in successfully selling 21 office condos in 18 months at 7950 Professional Center in Downtown Doral, where the team has achieved sales figures of over $7 million.
From 2008 to 2010, Tony was responsible for the leasing and marketing of Miami Tower, the 600,000 RSF, iconic office building, designed by I.M. Pei. He was part of the ownership committee that renamed the building “Miami Tower.” Under his direction, Miami Tower was stabilized and sold at a profit in December 2010. In tenant representation transactions, Tony has recently negotiated over 45,000 SF of office space for five tenants from October 2014 to February 2015.
Other Notable Achievements
As an account manager for Biscayne Bank Tower (formerly SBS Tower), a 320,000 square foot Class A office building in Coconut Grove, Florida, Tony directed its leasing, management, and marketing campaign for 4 years. He achieved its successful sale in 2006. Biscayne Bank Tower occupancy increased from 68% to 86% upon the sale of the asset valued at over $100 million.
Under his guidance, Airport Corporate Center, a 1,000,000 SF mixed use office park, leased more new square footage than all other projects in the Airport/West Dade submarket in 2002 and 2003.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), 1998—present
- CCIM Miami Dade/Monroe District President, 2009-2011
- CCIM District Board Member, 2010 – 2015
- Commercial Industrial Association of South Florida (CIASF), 2000—present
- U.A.R.T.O Board Member, 2014 — present
- Doral Business Council, 2012
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, 2012 – present
- Beacon Council, 2009 – 2010
- Realtors Commercial Alliance (RCA) Board Member, 2016
- Realtors Commercial Alliance (RCA) Member, 2008 – present
- Miami Association of Realtors (MAR), 1987 – present
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Member
- Florida Licensed Real Estate Salesman/Broker, 1987 – present
- Belen Alumni Association Class Delegate, 2008—present
- Florida International University Real Estate Alumni Affinity Council (REACC), past member and featured speaker
- 2015 Miami-Dade College (MDC) Alumni Hall of Fame Member for Outstanding Contribution in the Field of Real Estate
- Featured speaker on Office Market in South Florida, CCIM Annual Commercial Real Estate Outlook Conference, 2015 (highest ranked speaker on audience survey)
- Featured panelist speaker for CREW-Miami, November 2014
- Co-Star Group Power Broker Acknowledgement, 2004 & 2005
- CCIM designation/certification in 1998
- Insignia Center “WOW” Customer Service Program
- Featured Miami Dade College Graduate in Miami Herald as part of “I am MDC Campaign”
Tony earned a B.A. in Finance from Florida International University in 1992, and high school diploma from Belen Jesuit Preparatory High School in Miami.
Tony enjoys boating, fishing, spearfishing, and diving. He has coached both his sons’ basketball teams at Belen Jesuit Preparatory School in Miami.